Instagram is an easy social media to hang on to but there are many other tools and options other than posting a video and photos that many of you might not have noticed yet. Here are the 6 Instagram tools that you might haven’t noticed yet.
Remove your tagged photos
Tagged photos can sometimes bring you a lot of trouble as you are totally unaware about it. So, before anyone sees your tagged photos, it is better to remove it. Therefore, to remove the tag, here’s what you need to do,
- You can see all your tagged Instagram pictures in â€œPhotos of Youâ€ segment in your profile.
- Go to your profile and select the â€œPhotos of Youâ€ icon and open the photo in which you want remove your tag.
- Once you open the photo, you can see an option icon as shown in the image below. Tap on it and select â€œphoto optionâ€ where you can hide the picture from your profile but if you want to remove the tag, then tap on â€œRemove Me from Photoâ€ from â€œmore optionâ€.
- You can select the photos that you want to be tagged or not. For this tap on â€œsettingâ€ icon on the top right corner of â€œPhoto of Youâ€ and select the option â€œAdd Manuallyâ€
- With this you can simply remove your tagged pictures that you donâ€™t like and donâ€™t want to show to other or keep in your profile.
Add hashtags after posting
After posting your photo or video in Instagram, you might want to add or forgot to add caption with hashtags. You can add hashtags in your Instagram photos and videos anytime.
- Go to your Instagram profile and select the photo or video in which you want to add a hashtags (hashtags in caption).
- Open the photo or video and tap on option icon right below your picture.
- Select â€œeditâ€ option where you cannot only add your caption but also add location and tag your friends.
- Or else, if you don’t want to waste further time in above steps, you can add hashtags in the comment section as well.
Share your photos after posting.
Instagram photos and videos can be shared with other social medias like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr which can be shared and post directly at the time of uploading. But if you forgot or want to share your old Instagram pictures in your other social media profile then here’s what you need to do,
- Go to your Instagram Login profile and to enter on your profile tap on profile icon on the bottom right corner of your phone screen.
- Open your photo or video you want to share and tap on the option icon button right below your image or video.
- Select â€œshareâ€ option and tap the social media to select on which you want to share.
- You can even change your photo caption if you want to before you hit the button â€œshareâ€ on top right corner. (this will make different caption in instagram and other social network profile)
Turn Off Video Pre-load
When you scroll through your feed and come across a video, theÂ video automatically plays. This happens asÂ Instagram loads the videos in advance for faster streaming. If you donâ€™t want videos playing straightaway, set it to preload only when connected to WiFi.
First,Â go to your Instagram profile,Â which is located at the bottom on the far right. Select theÂ Settings option, which is a vertical three dots button for Android or a gear icon for iPhone on the top right corner. Scroll to “Preload” and choose between “Always” or “Only on WiFi”.
Geotag retrieves the GPS data from your phone thenÂ saves the location of the photos you took to give each snapshot a location info. These photo will then show up in your â€˜Photo Mapâ€™. If you want to remove photos from your map, first go to your Photo Map, then tap on â€˜Editâ€™ (located at the top right) to select which photos you want the geotags to be removed from.
Note: removing a geotag is permanent. Additionally, if you donâ€™t want any photos to appear in your Photo Map, you canÂ choose not to add the location at all, during the review process.
Send Photos To Selected People
If you have photos that you are not keen on posting to your feed, you can share it to a selected few freids withÂ Direct. This feature lets youÂ share the photo with up to 15 people, and they can comment on the photo like normal. Photos / Videos shared this way will not turn up in search, and can be deleted.
To use Instagram Direct, chooseÂ DirectÂ when youâ€™re at the “Share Toâ€™” page. It is located at the top next to “Followers”, so don’t get confused. ThenÂ select your recipients by tapping the circle next to their namesÂ or by typing their names in the â€˜Toâ€™ space. Finish off by clicking Send. To view your messages, go to the tray icon at the top right of your home page.